When I first began specifically searching out books on the expanded awareness, paranormal, psi, and related subjects, I was turned off. The shelves are stuffed with Do-It-Yourself 10 step, 3 step, truth and magic moments. I had no way of discerning what was good. what was fluff, or what was flat-out junk.
If you have the same problem, check out my recommended reading list – it’s a Page on this website, located on the sidebar to the right.
Here’s my current criteria in choosing a book:
– If a person I trust and respect recommends it, I’ll try it.
– If a person that I know, trust, and respect wrote it, I’ll try it.
– If there’s a PhD or MD after the name of the author, I’ll investigate it further.
– If I find an author that I like, I read other books by that author.
– If it has “step/s” in the title, forget it.
– If it falls off the shelf at my feet or the book glows when I look at it, buy it.
I’m attracted or repulsed by book covers, for better or worse. As an artist, I’m insulted by most of them. I’ve had to get beyond that, as most psi-related books have, in my opinion, stupid, ugly, or downright embarrassing covers. (I’m trying to prepare myself for the cover of my own book to be published next year – I’ll undoubtedly consider it atrocious.) What I’m saying is that if you’re like me, you might want to work on this issue – or get a Kindle or something.
Happy exploring …